Sunday, January 07, 2007

2007 - the 1st Shocker

It's only been a week into the New Year.
While I'm struggling to make the start of 2007 completely different from 2006, I got a shocking sms from my close friend Sha yesterday.

I gotta start this by writing about Sha first.
Like most of my friends, she's intelligent, beautiful, a male magnet, sweet and mischievous at the same time (wonder howcome that intelligent bit never rubbed off on me...).
She enrolled in a Law course while pursuing a degree in Pharmacy, and managed to Score in both!

Another friend and i use to talk about how she had "Vodembu poora moole"; which means "Brains throughout her body"...

Throughout Uni / College, she never had a boyfriend. But had her share of admirers and crushes or infatuations. The guy she fell for should be someone older, intellectual and stable. While she was playing it single and safe and enjoying all the attention she had from the dudes, I was attached to a guy 2 years younger. When she first met him, her comment was "He looks cute and all, but younger guys are not my type la".

That was 4-5 years ago.

Yesterday, i got an sms from her.
And it went something like this : "G, I've decided to end my single days....this guy is much younger...."
W..wait a minute.... MUCH younger? How much is Much?

I call her immediately..

And she tells me the whole story.. she met the guy for the 1st time on New Year's eve. Her Uni buddy's cousin. What happened? They Clicked! Lots of similarities....

She told me...Guess His AGE! and Guess SHOCKINGLY....
Hmmm..... ok......shocking shocking......
21?
YES!
OK...I'm Shocked!!!!!
Really shocked!

But she sounded so happy.....
She said "I know what u think of younger guys... But if this is a mistake, i'd like to find out for myself. And for once, I'd like to follow my heart."

I Smiled...
I Smiled Because She Took a Risk..
I Smiled Because She Took a Risk and was Happy about it..

and I am Happy for her.

I guess there are times, you should just follow your heart because you never know where that might take you.
Who cares about what people think?
They don't live your life.
They are the ever ready Gossip Mongers who wait for the juicy piece of gossip to be thrown at them! And then talk about it like there's no tomorrow as if all that talking somehow will change their life.

Who cares about what parents say?
I mean I do.. and I know Sha does too..
But as much as they try to protect us, sometimes they can go wrong.

So sometimes, you need to follow your heart and see where it takes you....





Sha and I.... awaiting Christopher and Alphonso...

What? What you mean they never got here?!?

No comments: