All Right ...
It's Gone....
The Cyst has been removed!
The procedure itself took no more than 30 minutes.
Got myself admited, for the 1st time. I thank God it was Gleneagles and not GH. Still remember my many visits to the Seremban GH. To visit friends, family friends, teachers... and the smell... so, well... HOSPITALLY! Eugh!
The nurse gets me to remove all jewelery..which I already did before coming. Oh.. she wanted me to remove my mukkuthi as well!.WHAT!? My sis had a good laugh! She said, "I think you better tell the nurse you need papa and a a pair of tweezers!" Sigh.. she was refering the my previous nose stud. My nose swell up and papa had to use a pair of twizzies to yank it out! Well, after some negotiation, the nurse said fine, i could leave it on.
But I had to remove the nail polish from my toe nails! Well, thank goodness I didn't decide to get a pedicure anytime before that! Would've paid NAIL HANSEN for nothing then!
About 10 something, they bring in that little pushy bed, i get into my gown, and off to the OT I go!
Was kinda scary watching the ceiling move.. Oh wait, I was moving.. but you get the point.. Lying on the pushy thing, it's cold, all you see is light, ceiling, light, ceiling, a few heads, some upper bodies, hear lots of voices and not able to see where they come from and only guess. Into the Lift and 1 floors down.
And as they pushed me into the OT, outcomes my dear little Dr. Van, from God knows where. "Is this my patient?" he asked. Not something you want to hear minutes before you're gonna be cut open!
The scarier bit was when they transfered me from the pushy bed to the chopping board.. err.. I mean the Oppy Table. I was so scare I was going to tumble off at some point, whether it's from the pushy bed or the Oppy table. Next thing I know they are hooking my body to wires! To take my BP, my heart rate, and some plaster thingy to my thigh and some clip thingy to my middle finger.
They then clean my entire chest with some cold cold fluid, in that already cold room. Freezing my butt off? I was freezing my boobs off! "Where is the cyst?" as I point to it, "Get the marker".
He then injects the Local anesthetic at 2 spots, to "supposedly" numb the area. And then he starts to, cut it... "Ow!Ow!" "Pain ah?!" "Yes!" "You can feel it ah?" "YEEEEAAAASS!"
Apparently, one Jab wasn't enough. I needed another! Finally, it felt Numb!
I can't really recall what happened but the next thing i know, Dr.Van was stitching me up!
They even showed me the cyst! This Orangy, Yellow, oval shappy with some thin red lines. I wish I had my digi cammy with me! Sigh.....
Anyways, that took no more than 30 mins i think... and back to Room 418A.
Was good to have Mom and Sis waiting for me there. With a huge smile. Teasing and making Fun of me....
Got the biopsy results on Saturday and good news, its benign.
And here I am exactly a week later, still waiting for the wound to heal...
Laters!
G
No comments:
Post a Comment