Monday, March 26, 2007

The Weekend - Hiking


Hiking....... Something I'm not too passionate about.
Then again, not that I'm all that passionate about much things around here.
I thought, now that I'm out of school and Girl Guides, that's that. NO MORE HIKES!

I still remember those 7 KM hikes when I was back in school.
As a so called "Active" Girl Guide, just one of those things I had to do.

Anyways, last weekend I was practically forced by the shift mates to hike up Penang Hill!
A HILL!
It was bad enough hiking most flat grounds, and how i used to dread hiking the hills.
Still remember the scarry experience of Hiking up Gunung Angsi at the Jamboree!
It rained and afraid i might slip and fall..... ooohhhh the Trauma....

Dom, a very "outdoorsy" person;
Nit, plays footbll / futsal once in a bluemoon, getting training from hunky beefy Ali at the gym;
Yen, the small lightweight girl who still worries about her weight;
ME, the chubby, no stamina, outdoor activity avoiding person.

Now who's the one who's most likely going to be left behind panting, gasping for air and probably colapsing?!
Hmm... Not going to take a rocket Scientist to figure that one out!

So I didn't want to be the party pooper and joined the hike....
Within the 1st 10 mins i was breathing hard already.
"Are we there Yet!?"

At one point we came to this rope, where you hold on to it and go up the hill. My heart just stopped. Since Dom said that takes a lot less time than walking the otherside, and Yen went up with Nithi folowing her.....
Dom was all ready to take the long way with me...
Then remembered the old times from camp and Jamboree.....
Hey, I've done this before!
I decided to heck it and take that rope challenge!

We finally got to Point 84. Had some coffee, despite not being a coffee fan...
Then it started to rain lightly.
Thank goodness for that.... since i didnt really have good shoes, going up that hill won't be good.
I had no intentions of sliding all the way down that hill....

So we hiked down.....
And before you know it, we were at the bottom!

Phew... that was a lot faster than going up...

Since we already for soaked in the rain on our way down...
We thought What The Heck?! and decided to hang out some more...
Played some frisbee and futball with the boys...

I think the next time they are going to attempt to drag me to the TOP!

Note to self :
Get your contact lenses on for the next hike so you don't have to deal with misty glasses!

No comments: