Monday, November 19, 2007

If It Ain't Broken . . . .

If it ain't broken, Why oh Why?

What am I blabbering about?
Those sicko's have done it.
Some Friggin' StickHead is all out for his/her Focal this year ain't it?
For sure.

The Old GEMS application is used as our ticketing system at the Intergrated Service Desk (ISD) Call Centre.
And basically, every other group that has any sorta link to the SD also uses GEMS.

Ah, and remember how I was whining about GEMS installation being such a Fitch in my Last Blog?
I take it back! I TAKE IT ALL BACK!

But Too late for that now isn't it Ms.G?
Why?

Some brilliant smart Alec!
Decided to introduce iPRO.
Yeap! That's my Yemen la for this month or this Quarter!

Doesn't help that the word LEMBABTION applies to me when it comes to technical stuff.

GEMS is Application Based, and bloody used friendly.
One time login and you stay logged in the whole day, or week. Unless the server goes down.
But who am I kidding?
No one stays logged in the whole week.

Whereas Friggin iPRO is WEB BASED!
Uuuurrgh!

And it gets worse.
It's anything but user friendly.

Not only did TAC Move its Phone Login system from HardPhone to SoftPhone. It moved to GAD, also WebBased. So it'll be compatible with good ol' iPro.

That's it!
A million and one IE Pages open!
One crashes, "We all Fall Down!"

Doesn't help that the smart Alecs decide to push this without a Pilot Stage!
Everyone, I mean everyone is CURSING away!
DAMN YOU! You iPRO Intorducer You!
( I forsee someone choking on food or a drink, or tripping over a step or falling of a chair or the bed at this moment)
Then again, at the rate things are going and everybody cursing, this person would've dropped dead by now!

But no. Remember the Rule? I don't know who's though.
Bad things only happen to good people.
So no.
This person's probably WooHooing all the way to his Focal writing moment.
Sucker!

My thought is, if there's an issue with the GEMS, if the Vendor doesn't wanna support it, find a workaround.
There are Tons of geniuses at the Company all waiting to show theirs Talents and Shine.

But NOOOOOO....
They choose the Idiot who introcuses something completely different.

Well, iPRO was suppose to be Launched last weekend and has been pushed to the coming weekend.
Imagine my joy last Sunday when I came in and discovered we would still be using GEMS! :)

Sigh. Don't think that's going to happen again.
Will see how that goes.

till then,
Goodles! (that's Toodles in G's Language) ;)

No comments: