We're going to the Fest!
I was as excited as a little kid would be going to the Fun Fair.
The RWMF is a yearly event that goes on for 3 days Officially.
This being the 1st time for the Entire Gang of 10, Anita arranged for us to be there for Day 2.

Tickets to the Show
We Travelled via the Shuttle from the Holiday Inn to the Cultural Village, piggy and I.
So here's 2 words to describe Kuching and whatever parts of Sarawak I've seen :
CLEAN & GREEN!
I have not seen so much Green in my live and SO CLEAN!
Clean by Asian Standards (Not Including Singapore).
Oh, what am I talking about?!
Damn clean by Malaysian Standards!
Penang just seemed like a Junkyard Island at that point of time.
Unless there is a not so clean part of Sarawak Hiding somewhere.
But hey, this is what I saw and I liked it.
For a good 15 minutes or so, I didn't see any houses, housing areas etc.
Then I saw a row of old houses.
Reminded me of the kind of Houses you see here (peninsular), and you know your grandparents were still young the time those houses were built!
The cars, the traffic, the laidbackness, all reminded me of how it was 10 - 15 years back.
And 80% or more of the cars on the road were Malaysian Cars.
After almost an hour we finally got there.
And the crowd! My, oh my.
At the entrance we were greeted by some traditional Sarawakian Music and some traditional dance going on.

The Entrance to the Fest

The Celcom X Pack Dancers
As we took our little map to the Cultural village and moved on, there were many many stalls.
The 1st stall had accessories. At the counter was a Camera dude, and I heard some guy with an accent talking to the camera while interviewing the girls who were incharge of the stall.
Piggy and I were looking around, when the Camera dude walked towards her! Yes, she was being Interviewed by that VJ from that Channel V. Ok, since I've got no TV at home, it's been ages since I watched any Programmes on V.
SO who was this DJ? No Clue.
And if I didn't have a clue who he was, I know Piggy was way off !
But that Lucky Devil!
(I later found out he was VJ Dom)
Oh my gosh! Those arms and his chest!
Slurrp! (Control yourself G)
Piggy was just too obvious with her Deer caught in the Head Light Look everytime he asked her something. WHY NOT ME!! :)
Though I tried to help her out from where I was (and staying out of camera range).

Piggy and VJ Dom
After that we moved on.
An arts and craft bazaar was going on as well. Items from various coutries.
There was this stall selling Scarfs from India. Price ranged from RM200 - RM 400!
Seriously people! By 2 years of Deepavali Suits don't come up to that much!
I figured I'd just stroll through the place and not get anything.
We came to this huge eating area with Food and Bev tents and a whole tent selling - - HEINEKEN!
I mean, wow!

One of the traditional houses turned to workshops for the Fest.

This place you see right now, became the site of the crime later that night!
On the left is the Main Stage and the Tree Stage.
Performances would alternate between the 2 stages.
1st performance my a Bunch of Kelabit Youths - Kan'id.
These kids really rocked it!
Playing the Kealbit Blues and one of the traditional songs! Man, we were moving it and shakin it!
So the 1st performance was at the main stage.
Piggy, Kavi, Anita, Kalpana and I plopped ourselves at a corner.
Later we realised it was a bad idea, since the crowd decided to stand right in front of the stage despite the fact that it was covered with soggy sand, about to turn to mud all over again thanks to the rain on the 1st Night.
We decided to heck it and stood up as well.
The next performance was by another Sarawakian band at the Tree Stage.
We walked about 20 metres to that Stage with our slippers sinking and getting stuck each time we took a step.
That's it!
KAKI AYAM it will be!!

Let's play, guess whose butt?
At some point some left their slippers in the mid while piggy kavi and me decided to leave it at some corner so we could go get it later. (which didn't happen by the way)
Best part was Anita taking her slippers all the way back to the hotel and threw it away there!
Thanen was already at the tree stage high on Booze, music, and erm whatever else he can be high on just pulled us girls towards the crowd and the stage!
The music was awesome, the crowd just moving to the music!
Who needs booze?! The music was good enough!

Thanen high on Coke? or Tuak?
And if the 2 local bands didn't rock it enough. . .
The next group sure did it for me.
Beltaine from Poland.

They played Irish and Scottish Tunes.The crowd went wild!I had half a mind to throw my bag away so I could do the River Dance!Oh wait, I don't know how!Basically the crowd just went with it. . . Jumping and Dancing anyway they could!It was ELECTRIC!
Followed my a very mellow Palestine group.I was restless. That was more of a lullaby and Kavi was groaning.
Kalps and Anita went to get us some. . . . . TUAK!Oh ya! that famous Rice Wine.Damn!
Half a cup was enough to get you somewhere . . . It had a slight alcohol / sweetness to it.
After downing the Tuak, we decided No band was going to put us to sleep yet and went to get more Tuak.
Piggy and I bought a 600 ml bottle for RM10.
Darn cheap considering the fact the Cups we had earlier cost RM15 each.
We then realised ours was watered down.
I dont want to imagine what would have happend to Piggy if it wasn't watered down.
I was at a level, but managed to hold it all the way till I got to the hotel! Phew!
Piggy was going on and on and on talking!
We hung out at one of the Rumah Panjang with a huge croud and TV so we could see the next performing band.
All in all, twas a good trip.
And we're sure as hell going next year! :)
All 3 nights!
1 comment:
kudikari! hehehe ..
Post a Comment