
The Man, The Lady, The Mailbox and The Lake House
What can I say? A beautiful house by the lake, wait , wait… it’s on the lake. Standing on stilts some feet high. Walls completely made out of glass!
So you can imagine… if you built a house like that in Malaysia.. you can forget about privacy! All the *Mat Kepo’s are definitely gonna stop to see what you were doing. Ahhh.. Yes.. I’m sure you remember that experience… each time you drive and there’s some unexpected jam somewhere, you’re thinking “Great! What now?” And as your car moves a few inches you see 2 car parked by the road, both owners talking and exchanging numbers… you know these idiots are slowing down to look! Can’t help it. It’s a Malaysian thing!
Back to the house. I guess both Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves live in that house because it’s deep in some treeless forest, and they didn’t have friends who came by unannounced! Then again, they hardly had friends.
Before I go any further, let me tell you that I liked that movie. OKAY, OKAY. I’m a self-confessed SUCKER for romance, and let alone romance movies. Probably due to the lack of romance in my life. But that’s another blog altogether. I don’t fancy the “Titanic – You Jump, I Jump” kinda movies though. (Yuck – PUKE! PUKE!)
Okay, so for me, the movie was nice. Not the least bit real, but nice. There’s this wonderful mailbox that sends the letter to itself, only 2 years behind. And when Sandra and Keanu realize that, they start writing to each other on a whenever they can basis knowing that the letter gets “delivered instantly”.
My favorite part was when they both just stood right in front of the mailbox and continuously wrote notes to each other. “Could this be happening?”.
Could this happen? Watching a non-reality movie sometimes gives you that hope. You know such things don’t happen in real life, but yet… somewhere in that tiny weenie corner of your mind is that little hope. Sometimes I think it’s hope that keeps us human going. Keeps us living. I mean people living in a war torn country, what keeps them alive when all else is lost? When they’ve lost their home, their husband, wife, children, loved ones and they survive. They could take the easy way out and take their own lifes, right? But they don’t. so what keeps them going? HOPE. Hope that someday everything will be okay. Hope that, that day will come soon. Hope that life will be better than what it was. But perhaps deep down inside they know that day won’t come anytime soon. Not today or tomorrow. They may not live to see that day. But yet, they live with hope.
So a movie like this, gives you that hope. So adults like us are just too egoistic to admit things like that. We walk in, watch the movie, and pass some adult remarks... It was okay la. Stupid la! Damn slow moving. Nice la. Sandra Bullock’s so pretty. I liked Keanu in the Turtle neck. He’s so hot! Too afraid to bring up the “How I wish…” and the “What if…?”. Because we are adults and we know such things don’t happen.
So at the end (yes, for those of you who want to watch this movie but haven’t and don’t want to know the ending, please DO NOT PROCEED!), the future Sandra meets the future Keanu! Ahh.. your typical happy ending. Which once again may not necessarily happen in real life, or rarely happens in real life.. what am I thinking? Seriously?!? This would mean that technically, it took Keanu 4 years to meet Sandra REAL (here and now) TIME! And he waited 2 years! Men don’t wait! Nobody does! Not these days. People move on. But he waited. So there’s a little hope for mankind yet.. Right?
*Mat Kepo = affectionately calling a nossy pot, nossy pot!
No comments:
Post a Comment