Sunday, May 25, 2008

The PC Pal Program - Finally Launched

The launch is finally over!
(PC Pal - similar to the PenPal Concept. Only differecence is the kids use PC now, and hence the name PC Pal. It is a community program and the objective is to help the kids learn and help the school get some $$)


May 6 - Chatter and Squeals of 150 school kids echoed through the autitorium, cafe, and mail lobby of PG 12!

The preparation towards the launch was hectic I thought. Simply because I couldn't aux out for meetings. I had to multi task between chats and joining the bridge for the meetings...

The headache of harrassing the the teacher in charge for the lists of students, the coordination...

The School I was coordinating, Minden Heights had 124 kids who were hyper active, while the kids from the other school were more passive...

Oh My GOD!

What a handful, what an earful, gosh!

A few people, namely Nithi and Pary swore they were not going to have kids!

he he he...

That was funny... Simply because, I wanted to tell them this; "Relax dudes, It's not like you're gonna have 124 in one go! And neither are you capable of it!"
LOL!

I so had to control myself..

Anyway, my Pal had this for her email ID - Aku Perempuan.
(wak - wak -wak)
Alamak! What have I gotten myself into?
Surely, I hoped we wouldn't have to end up communicating in BM despite the program requirement to communicate in English.
So, I took a deep breath and sent her my 1st email.
From what I see, her English is ok, if only she wrote something more than 1 word or 1 phrase answers...

Anyways, here's a photo of the entire team at the launch.



The Minden Heights Kids Arrive, (at the correct building after the bus dropped them off at the wrong building!)


The kids with no mentors - CORNERED ME @ the cafe the minute they found out I had the Pairing List!

One for the ablum . . PC Pal Launch 20008 by the Malaysia IT GPTW team.

No comments: